Jonathan joined Tanner De Witt in September 2014. He graduated from University of Waterloo with a Bachelor of Arts (Legal Studies). He obtained his JD and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from City University of Hong Kong. Jonathan is fluent in Cantonese.
Jonathan completed his training and was admitted as a solicitor in January 2017. He currently assists our Corporate and Commercial practice.
experience and key cases
Jonathan has extensive experience in advising private and multinational companies as well as high-net-worth individuals in various corporate and commercial matters including M&A, financing, trademarks and regulatory.
In addition, Jonathan supports our private client practice advising clients on wills, trust, probate and estate planning.
- Advising on applications for type 4 and 9 licences with the SFC;
- Advising on finance and securities transactions;
- Advising on sale and purchase of shares of Hong Kong companies with properties and franchise business;
- Advising on directors’ dispute (i.e. removal of director);
- Advising on share capital reduction;
- Advising on incorporation of Hong Kong companies including preparing shareholders’ agreement;
- Due diligence on corporate documents and tenancy agreements;
- Advising on trademark applications;
- Advising on naturalisation applications;
- Advising and setting up discretionary trusts and preparing appointments of trustees and protectors;
- Advising trustees on sale of trust assets and appointments of protectors and former trustees
- Advising co-administrator in the administration of an estate;
- Advising high net worth clients in applying for grants of probate/letters of administration and estate planning and preparing territorial wills;
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)