Raymond is an associate in our Corporate and Commercial practice. He qualified in Hong Kong as a solicitor in 2020. Raymond has experience in advising a wide range of corporate matters including initial public offerings, share sale and purchase transactions and investments and shareholders agreements. He also advises clients on general compliance matters relating to Hong Kong listing rules and general commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Tanner De Witt, Raymond worked as a solicitor in the corporate and commercial team of an established independent Hong Kong law firm. He has experience working as a paralegal in the corporate finance department before commencing his legal training at a reputable Hong Kong law firm.
Raymond read Law at the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom, obtained a Master of Laws at the University of Hong Kong and completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at the City University of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English and Cantonese.
- Advised purchasers, conducted due diligence on target company and drafted and reviewed the agreements for the acquisition of shares in a film and creative agency company.
- Advised an international investment management services firm in relation to fund raising for cryptocurrency fund and drafted the relevant agreements.
- Advised crowdfunding platform on the application for removal / variation of SFC licensing conditions.
- Advised a shareholder in relation to restoration of dissolved Hong Kong company.
- Advised multiple clients to prepare convertible loan note agreements and future equity agreements.
- Drafted and reviewed various commercial documents, including but not limited to service agreements, sales and purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, subscription agreements and share swap agreements.