Daniel is an Associate in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice having joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2019. He was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2022. Daniel’s practice involves advising clients in commercial cases involving debt recovery, sale of goods and contractual disputes. He also advises victims of cross-border fraud and cybercrime.
Daniel received a Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Hong Kong in 2018 and went on to complete his Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) at the University of Hong Kong in 2019.
Daniel is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a multinational insurance company in defending substantial claims made against a performance bond and providing advice and support in relation to related court and arbitral proceedings in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a Thai company in relation to recoveries and events of default under a bond issued to raise finance to develop two significant residential developments in Thailand.
- Acted for the spouse of a high-net-worth Russian individual in an action involving the creation of trusts concerning, among other things, interests in BVI and other foreign entities which maintained substantial funds in various overseas bank accounts.
- Acted for a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company in a high-value arbitration.
- Advised in relation to events of default and potential liabilities in relation to a luxury fragrances and cosmetics distribution agreement.
- Acted for companies within an investment management group which had fallen victim to a high-value email fraud.
- Acted for a multinational pharmaceutical company that is the victim of an employee fraud scheme. This matter is complex due to the elaborate steps taken by the perpetrator and his associates to carry out the fraud and conceal evidence of their wrongdoing.