John is a senior associate in our Corporate and Commercial Department. He specialises in corporate transactional work including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions and joint ventures, with a special interest in listed companies and related rules and regulations. John also regularly advises on banking and finance matters.
He read Applied Psychology at Durham University, Law at the University of Birmingham and completed his Postgraduate Certificate in Law at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
He is fluent in English and Cantonese and proficient in Mandarin.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in issuing US$175 million fixed rate convertible bonds offered to professional investors only.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in a “one for one” rights issue raising approximately US$150 million.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in its HK$2.35 billion privatisation by way of merger by absorption under PRC law.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its disposal of a series of kindergartens in Hong Kong to an international brand of kindergartens headquartered in the United States.
- Acted for a United Kingdom company in its purchase of a SFC and HKIA licensed company in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its outbound investment to finance the purchase and development of a series of overseas properties located in the United Kingdom and Italy.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company specialising in CAR-T research and development in its venture capital transaction.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its purchase of a series of beverage businesses in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a reputable Hong Kong school in various matters, including advising on the legality of certain articles in its articles of association in view of the anti-discrimination laws of Hong Kong.
- Acted for a multinational investment management fund in its public shareholder challenge against the disposal of a significant gold mine.
- Advised on the enforcement of a charge over listed shares securities in a distressed public company, including the relevant inside information concerns.