John joined Tanner De Witt in October 2021 and is a Solicitor in our Corporate and Commercial Department. Qualified in Hong Kong, he specialises in mergers and acquisitions and Hong Kong listing rules compliance. He read Applied Psychology at Durham University, Law at the University of Birmingham and completed his Postgraduate Certificate in Law at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English and Cantonese and proficient in Mandarin.
Prior to joining Tanner De Witt, John worked at a leading local legal firm in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in issuing US$175 million fixed rate convertible bonds offered to professional investors only.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in a “one for one” rights issue raising approximately US$150 million.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in a privatisation by way of merger by absorption under PRC law.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its disposal of a series of kindergartens in Hong Kong to an international brand of kindergartens headquartered in the United States.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its outbound investment to finance the purchase and development of a series of overseas properties located in the United Kingdom and Italy.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in its purchase of a series beverage businesses in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a reputable Hong Kong school in various matters, including advising on the legality of certain articles in its articles of association in view of the anti-discrimination laws of Hong Kong.
- Acted for a multinational investment management fund in its public shareholder challenge against the disposal of a significant gold mine.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong