Carol is an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Department having joined the firm in 2019 after she was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong. She has explored a wide range of corporate matters and has advised both local and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, shareholders arrangements, funding rounds and asset deals.
Carol also has extensive experience in general corporate commercial matters, such as preparing and reviewing supply and distribution agreements, service agreements and licence agreements. She also regularly works on banking and financing transactions and compliance matters.
Carol obtained a Juris Doctor degree from and completed her Postgraduate Certificate in Law at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised an insurance company on an asset purchase transaction with another insurance company
- Assisted the sellers in their disposal of a veterinary business to a Hong Kong listed company
- Acted for the seller in its sale of a Hong Kong brewery
- Acted for the buyer in its acquisition of a Hong Kong company that provides audit and inspection services
- Advised the seller in its sale of a freight forwarding and supply chain management business
- Acted for a lender on the Hong Kong aspects of a US$700 million loan facility
- Advised a syndicate of banks lenders on the Hong Kong aspects of a US$380 million credit facility
- Advised a company that operates an online home rental platform on its Series A investment round
- Assisted a foundation on its application for tax exemption under s.88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance
Legal 500 2023 notes: ‘We have worked with Tim Drew and Carol Ling from Tanner De Witt. Both are excellent and professional lawyers, who were extremely on the ball and highly responsive.’