Samantha is an associate in our Restructuring and Insolvency practice. She has advised clients in matters relating to insolvency, commercial litigation and arbitration, such as debt recovery and contractual disputes involving complex cross-border issues. She has also acted for clients in applying for and defending various court applications in high-stake claims, such as applications for injunctions and summary judgments.
Samantha joined the firm as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2020 after completing her Juris Doctor and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Prior to reading law, she obtained her Bachelor’s degree in English at The University of Hong Kong. She was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2022.
Samantha speaks native Cantonese and is fluent in English and Mandarin. She can read and write traditional and simplified Chinese.
- Acting for and advising the provisional liquidators (Grant Thornton) of Global Cord Blood Corporation, a company listed on the NYSE, in the preservation and recovery of books and records and assets in Hong Kong, including an application for an injunction preventing further mismanagement of the group companies by directors
- Advised the interim judicial managers (EY) to a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform appointed by the Singapore High Court in various matters such as gaining control over assets in Hong Kong and application for recognition and assistance in Hong Kong
- Acted for an offshore investment advisory company with businesses in the PRC in a multimillion-dollar claim against an investment management company in a HKIAC arbitration and various related litigation proceedings in the Hong Kong courts
- Assisted provisional liquidators (PwC) in the application to the Hong Kong court for the sanction of the scheme of arrangement of Burwill Holdings Limited and applications to the SEHK (the Listing Division and the Listing Review Committee) in relation to the delisting of its securities
- Advised and assisted a high-net-worth individual in defending mareva injunction applications in multiple jurisdictions including Hong Kong, New York, England, Jersey and Singapore
- Advised and acted for Stellar Aircraft as the petitioning creditor in the winding-up of Hong Kong Airlines Limited
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL International)
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty (RIF)