Kevin is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution Practice having joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2016. He was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2019. He has a broad civil and commercial disputes practice, including litigation and arbitration proceedings. Kevin also advises victims of all types of domestic and multi-jurisdictional financial fraud, and often appears on behalf of victims before High Court and District Court Judges for urgent applications for freezing injunctions and disclosure orders, in order to preserve and trace the defrauded monies in aid of recovery.
Kevin received a Bachelor of Business Administration (Law) and a Bachelor of Law from the University of Hong Kong. He obtained his Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) from the University of Hong Kong in 2016.
Kevin speaks English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Acted for various victims of high value financial fraud involving cross-border proceedings, asset preservation applications, tracing and recovery exercises, and enforcement proceedings in Hong Kong
- Acted for associated entities of a PRC-listed cement supplier in cross border shareholder disputes with a focus on the misconduct of the former and present directors and members of a listed cement supplier in Hong Kong
- Acted for a PRC-based energy sector businessman in his claims against his former employees for allegedly misappropriating his assets by the using forged documents, fraudulent schemes, and by making false representations
- Acted for a New York-listed bitcoin mining chip manufacturer in its claim against a semiconductor company for breach of supplier contract
- Acted for a metals and mining company its claim against a major bank in Hong Kong for breach of the bank’s duty to its customer
- Acted for a PRC-based energy sector businessman in his claims against a HK-listed natural gas supplier in a dispute arising from a takeover in the PRC
- Acted for a well-known European environmental consultant company in a shareholders’ dispute with its joint venture partner
- Acted for an SFC-licensed financial institution in an HKIAC arbitration involving disputes over US$30 million shares in a listed company
- Advised a high-net-worth individual on potential claims and complaints against an SFC-licenced securities brokerage firm for its dishonest acts, professional misconduct and omissions, and breaches of various tortious and contractual duties
- Advised an SFC-licenced company on a series of regulatory enquiries by the SFC in respect of the company’s regulated activities and accounting treatment of certain businesses
Legal 500, 2022 “Jeff Lane as a partner is always available and in appropriate cases with timely restrictions representing them in court. Also, Kevin Siu has a deep knowledge not only of the remedies available in Hong Kong, but a great understanding of the complexity and different legal approaches on those cases in other jurisdictions.”