Sunny joined Tanner De Witt in September 2010, having attained a Graduate Diploma in Law from BPP Law School, London. He holds a BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences from King’s College London. He qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2012.
Experience and key cases
His most notable work includes:
- Acting for a major UK Company in resisting void disposition claims brought by the Joint and Several Liquidators;
- Acting for a group of investors in advising on the restructuring of a multi-billion dollar international company engaged in large capital infrastructure projects;
- Acting for the Trustees of an estate and successfully achieving an extension of the bankruptcy period;
- Advising the Joint and Several Trustees in relation to section 29 applications (private examination) of the Bankrupt and his spouse, and
- Acting for a subsidiary of a company listed in Hong Kong in successfully defending multiple negligence and contractual claims.
Sunny Hathiramani has been selected as a next generation lawyer for our top tier Restructuring and Insolvency practice in Legal 500’s 2017 rankings for Asia Pacific: ‘Sunny has a burgeoning reputation and is frequently involved in many of the highest-profile matters handled by the team‘.
- Member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty (RIF)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Member of the ILG
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)