Edmond specialises in corporate and commercial matters, advising clients operating in and out of Hong Kong, and in a wide range of industries.
Edmond advises on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, re-organisations, private equity transactions, the establishment of funds including private equity, venture capital and hedge funds, and banking and finance matters. Edmond also advises on general corporate and commercial matters including the establishment of companies and businesses, franchise, commercial agency and distribution arrangements, and other commercial agreements. In addition, he advises on regulatory and compliance matters including in relation to financial services.
- Acting for a multibillion dollar global beverage brand in their acquisition of a Hong Kong-based subsidiary as part of their wider global expansion plan;
- Acting for a securities brokerage business in advising on the sales process and advising in relation to minority shareholders in the target company;
- Acting for the sellers in the sale of a majority stake in their company to a Hong Kong listed logistics group;
- Acting for the client in respect of the restructuring and reorganisation of its investments in various infrastructure projects in Vietnam;
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of a brewery development based in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of the business and assets of one of Hong Kong’s leading consultants in geotechnical and foundation engineering;
- Advised a financial intermediary on the investment in its business by a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange;
- Advised a joint venture party on the joint venture relating to a well-known brand of baby products;
- Advised on the establishment of a business for the manufacture and distribution of medical products and the funding of the business;
- Advised offshore funds on the offering of the funds in Hong Kong on a private basis; and
- Advised various lenders on loans to borrowers and related security arrangements.
Edmond is highly regarded in the 2018 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018: Edmond Leung (Band 2 Leading Lawyer) has over 15 years of experience advising clients in Hong Kong and throughout the region. He regularly works on general corporate and commercial matters, including setting up companies, joint ventures and dealing with regulatory and compliance issues.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2017: Clients report that Edmond “gets work done very quickly and efficiently.” They also mention that he is “very commercial – he doesn’t over-lawyer things. He is able to think about issues from our side and give us salient advice, but not just throw the book at it.”
Edmond is recommended in Asia Pacific Legal 500 2017.
Chambers Asia 2016: Edmond Leung advises Hong Kong clients on outbound investment in the wider Asian region, and also works with international corporates on their activity in Hong Kong. Clients report that he has “an ability to understand our business and what our ultimate goals are.”
Edmond is commended in Asia Pacific Legal 500 2016.
Chambers Asia 2015: “does an outstanding job in understanding our realities and constraints, guides us when we need to facilitate a deal, and is the perfect bridge between Chinese and Western parties,” enthuses one client. Leung has recently overseen M&A deals for companies operating in the real estate, communications and financial services sectors.
Edmond Leung is ranked as “Up and Coming” by Chambers Asia 2014.
Chambers Asia 2014 notes: “Edmond Leung ‘was able to give a lot of good advice especially during negotiations. It was good to have him to protect our client’s interests,’ recalls an impressed source. He recently handled the USD4 million acquisition of Vietnam-based Long An Brewery for The Gannon Group from a US private equity fund.
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2014 notes: “…Eddie Look, Tim Drew and Edmond Leung now form the senior team with plenty of experience in mid-cap deals for local and international corporates and investment funds.”
- The Law Society of Hong Kong