Raymond is an Associate in both our Employment and our Corporate Commercial Practice having joined the firm in 2018. He is involved in a broad range of employment and corporate and commercial work including employee incentive schemes, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and board governance advice, with a special focus on employee incentive schemes.
Raymond also regularly advises on data privacy, software licensing, SFC investigations, and financing transactions.
Raymond received a Master of Arts in International Relations from the University of St Andrews in Scotland. He went on to complete his Juris Doctor and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) at the University of Hong Kong.
Raymond is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English. He can also read and speak German at a proficient level.
- Assisted in the sale of a professional services firm with operations in over nine jurisdictions for a consideration in the hundreds of million HKD, which involved advising on due diligence issues, preparing disclosures, and assisting in the review and negotiations of transaction documents and post-transaction services agreements between the sellers and the purchaser.
- Assisted in the sale of a multijurisdictional insurance business, which involved extensive negotiations on the terms of the transactional documents and post-transaction services arrangements for the sellers.
- Assisted in drafting, reviewing and advising on employment contracts, employee handbooks, employee incentive schemes, and employment policies. Advised on terminations and redundancies and the transfer of employees.
- Advised the majority shareholder of a furniture manufacturer on various issues in relation to shareholders’ rights, board and shareholders’ procedures, employee incentive schemes, and debt restructuring.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned enterprise on various employment, regulatory, debt recovery and corporate governance issues in relation to its Hong Kong investment.
- Assisted a multinational digital advertising business in establishing its Hong Kong office, including advising on the transfer of employees.
- Advising an international cosmetics business in relation to regulatory and personal data privacy issues arising from promotional activities in Hong Kong.
- Assisted companies in the technology and insurance sectors to establish employee incentive schemes including share option schemes, share grant schemes, and performance-linked bonus schemes.
- Assisted individual SFC licensees in defending against allegations of misconduct.
- Assisted a technology start-up in preparing and negotiating software licensing agreements and consultancy services agreements.