Jan Willem Möller
Jan Willem Möller is a Dutch and Hong Kong qualified lawyer specialised in corporate and commercial work, banking and finance matters and regulatory advisory. His experience ranges from distressed and non-distressed share and asset deals, joint ventures and buy-outs to different types of finance transactions and advisory with a strong focus on secured lending. Clients praise Jan Willem for his international perspective, versatility and practical approach to their legal issues.
Prior to joining Tanner De Witt, Jan Willem was associated with a leading European legal and tax firm in the Netherlands and Hong Kong. He has been working and living in Hong Kong since 2012. Educated in the Netherlands and Canada, Jan Willem is fluent in English and Dutch and has a good grasp of French and German.
Jan Willem is Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong. Jan Willem also sits on the Board of Directors of the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong.
- Advising China Cinda Asset Management on the restructuring of the Kimberley Hotel
- Advising the senior secured note holders on the Hong Kong aspects of a US$600 million debt restructuring of a multi-national electronics company
- Advising a US debt fund on the Hong Kong aspects of its secured US$70 million acquisition facility to an international sports conglomerate
- Acting for an international manufacturer of confectionary in the refinancing of its corporate credit facilities including an export finance facility
- Advising a large European bank in an ongoing compliance review of the regulatory environment for financial institutions and financial service providers in Hong Kong
- Advising an Indonesian bank on the Hong Kong aspects of its senior and mezzanine credit facilities to an international mining corporation
- Advising an Asian bank on a security arrangement involving a fleet of high value vehicles
- Acting for a US debt fund in several of its Asian financing transactions in the technology sector
- Advising a Hong Kong based investment fund on a convertible notes issuance for the acquisition and development of solar assets
- Acting for a major Chinese bank on the Hong Kong aspects of a ship finance transaction
- Advising a lender on the Hong Kong aspects of the amendment and restatement of a GBP140,000,000 real estate financing in respect of a number of commercial properties in the UK owned by a Hong Kong borrower
- Advising a Dutch private equity fund on the acquisition of a Hong Kong garden apparel design and manufacturing firm
- Advising an international fintech company on its acquisition of a Hong Kong spin-off of Hong Kong listed company and further regulatory advice regarding the business
- Advising a US based musical producer on the incorporation of an investment vehicle for the development and exploitation of a new large scale musical production in Asia
- Advising a German multinational on its joint venture with a Chinese partner to develop and market a new web-to-box platform for the Chinese market
- Advising the Receivers on the receivership in respect of an Indonesian energy group
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 notes that ‘Jan Möller has profound knowledge of Hong Kong law and he is able to solve our problems in a very short time’.
Jan Willem was also on the team that won Tanner De Witt IFLR’s 2020 award for Most Innovative Law Firm of Hong Kong for advising China Cinda Asset Management on the restructuring of the Kimberley Hotel.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Dutch Bar Association
- The International Bar Association
- Chairman of The Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- The European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (member of the Board of Directors)