For urgent criminal law advice including arrests in Hong Kong, please contact our Criminal lawyer Billy Tang on +852 57201841.
Billy obtained his LLB and PCLL from the University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining Tanner De Witt Billy worked as a solicitor at an established Hong Kong law firm. Billy handled a wide range of criminal matters involving theft, burglary, violent offences, drug related offences, sexual assaults, triad related offences, public order offences, complex commercial crime, fraud and money laundering. In addition to his criminal litigation practice, he had extensive experience in civil and commercial litigation work.
Billy frequently represents clients in investigations and prosecutions taken out by the Police, ICAC, SFC and other law enforcement agencies. He also appears for clients before Magistrates’ Courts and the District Court for bail application, pleas in mitigation and trial.
Billy assists his clients at all stages of investigation and can help analyse the strength of each case as well as the Prosecution case, advising on the defenses available to you, attending interviews and making the necessary applications.
Billy is fluent in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin and can read and write simplified and traditional Chinese.
Experience and Key Cases
- Acted for Hong Kong listed companies and their senior officers in ICAC and SFC investigations
- Assisted in advising a client in proceedings instituted by the SFC under section 214 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571)
- Appeared before the District Court for plea in mitigation in a conspiracy to defraud case alongside other defence Senior Counsel and Counsel in which the Court accepted Billy’s list of authorities and sentenced the defendants to Community Service Order
- Represented a bank in the enforcement of judgments arising out of a complex international fraud action to recover misappropriated assets from multiple defendants
- Committee Member, Young Solicitors’ Group, The Law Society of Hong Kong