Anthony has practised in Hong Kong for more than 20 years. A strength of Anthony’s practice is his specialist insolvency skills, where he has acted for leading insolvency practitioners in contentious insolvency matters. Complementing this is his considerable experience in commercial litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, not only in Hong Kong but also in China and other Asian jurisdictions.
experience and key cases
- Litigation between New World Development and Sun Hung Kai Securities.
- Acting for the Receivers of proceeds of fraud from Bank of China, Kai Ping branch.
- Acting for liquidator of Wei Xin Securities Limited, Sino American Telecom Inc, Global March Limited.
- The Enforcement of Arbitration Awards in China (at the Euromoney Arbitration Conference, Singapore)
- An update on insolvency matters in Hong Kong and China (at Horwath Australia Insolvency Conference)
Anthony Hill is recognised by the 2017 Edition of IFLR1000 as a Leading Lawyer for his restructuring and insolvency work.
Anthony is included in the Other Noted practitioners section of the 2016 Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific Guide for his contribution and extensive knowledge in the field.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL International)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
- Union, University and Schools Club of Sydney
- Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club, Sydney