Michael joined our firm in November 2018 and is a lawyer in our Dispute Resolution Practice. He obtained a LLB degree and PCLL from The University of Hong Kong and qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2014. Prior to joining Tanner De Witt, Michael worked as a solicitor at an established Hong Kong law firm and handled a wide range of matters.
Michael is fluent in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin and can read and write Chinese.
Michael has handled matters for multinational clients in various sectors. His work involves:
- Acting for an Argentinian company in recovering millions of stolen funds from various Hong Kong companies through injunctions and enforcing judgment by way of garnishee proceedings
- Acting for liquidators of a UK company against various defendants in Hong Kong in obtaining injunction order on the ground of conspiracy to defraud
- Acting for a Germany company against various companies set up by its former employees in breach of their fiduciary duties
- Acting for a US company in recovering the purchase price paid for goods undelivered
- Acting for the executrices of an estate in reaching settlement with other beneficiaries concerning a number of wills made worldwide and property in Hong Kong
- Acting for a money service operator in making review application to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Finance Review Tribunal
- Acting for both employers and employees in preparing and reviewing contracts, handbooks, and policies, as well as advising on employment, termination, and immigration issues
In addition, he has experience in other aspects of legal practice, such as employment, corporate and commercial, and criminal law.