Michael joined our Employment Practice in November 2018. He obtained a LLB degree and PCLL from The University of Hong Kong and qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2014. Prior to joining Tanner De Witt, Michael worked as a solicitor at an established Hong Kong law firm and handled a wide range of employment matters.
Michael is fluent in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin and can read and write Chinese.
Experience and Key Cases
Michael has handled employment matters for multinational clients in various sectors. His work involves:
- preparing and reviewing employment contracts, handbooks and policies;
- advising on employment, termination and immigration issues;
- carrying out investigation and interviews regarding employees’ complaints and misconducts;
- exit negotiations and settlement;
- providing trainings on employment and discrimination issues.
In addition, he has experience in other aspects of legal practice, such as civil and commercial litigation as well as corporate and commercial.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong