Raymond is an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial practice having joined the firm in August 2022. Raymond qualified as solicitor in Hong Kong in December 2018. He has experience handling a wide range of commercial and corporate transactions, regulatory compliance and real estate work, including initial public offerings, share sale and purchase transactions acting for private and listed companies, mandatory general offer transactions on behalf of the offerors, general commercial and compliance matters relating to the Hong Kong listing rules, a corporate reorganization project involving Hong Kong subsidiaries of a leading state-owned enterprise in compliance with the Hong Kong laws, and the first-hand residential property sale project on behalf of a Hong Kong-listed developer.
Raymond graduated from Newcastle University in the United Kingdom with a bachelor’s degree in English Language. He then worked as a legislative assistant in Hong Kong before he went on to complete his Juris Doctor (“JD”) and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) at City University of Hong Kong. During his JD degree, Raymond had the opportunity to study European Competition Law at University College, University of Oxford.
Raymond is fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin, and can read and write Chinese.
- Advised a leading local logistics company in sale and purchase transaction to dispose all of its shares held in a company engaging in the air cargo business in Hong Kong.
- Assisted a Hong Kong listed company in a share acquisition transaction involving the sale of an industrial property through the disposal of the entire issued shares of its subsidiary.
- Assisted PRC companies in the mandatory general offer transactions as offerors to acquire shares of other shareholders of the Hong Kong-listed companies.
- Handled IPO projects as the legal advisers to Hong Kong and PRC companies, and sponsors.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed companies on compliance matters in relation to connected and notifiable transactions and on general corporate matters.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company on regulatory compliance matters in relation to the investigation letters concerning its directors’ conduct issued by the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Advised and assisted a leading state-owned enterprise in its group reorganization project involving Hong Kong subsidiaries of in compliance with the Hong Kong laws.
- Advised a subsidiary of the state-owned enterprise on matters in respect of leases and tenancy agreements, and other
- Advised a Hong Kong-listed developer in the sale of first-hand residential property units in LOHAS park.