Herman is a solicitor in our Corporate and Commercial Practice and advises on the acquisition of shares and assets, corporate reorganisations, shareholders agreements, commercial agreements, regulatory compliance and trade mark applications. He has experience advising a broad range of clients including multinational banks and financial institutions, software and technology corporations, manufacturers, international law firms, food and beverage companies, sports organisations and high net worth individuals. Herman also supports our Immigration Practice advising clients on visa applications and other immigration related matters.
Herman joined Tanner De Witt in November 2013. He graduated from McGill University with a BSc in Physics and Computer Science and obtained his LLB (Hons) from University of Durham followed by his Masters in Law and Accounting from London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Advising on the financial regulations relating to the promotion of the initial coin offering (ICO) of a distributed cloud computing company;
- Advising on money lenders regulations and invoice financing law for a peer-to-peer (P2P) fintech company entering the Hong Kong market;
- Advising on data privacy issues of cross-border data transfer in cloud computing;
- Drafting agreements for the acquisition of a healthcare software company;
- Due diligence on banking facilities, food business licensing and corporate documents;
- Corporate restructuring of restaurant group; and
- Advising on insurance broker documentation.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong