Caroline de Souza
Caroline holds an LL.B. (Hons) from the University of Durham and a Legal Practice Course diploma with Commendation from BPP Law School in London. She obtained her Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong and qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Caroline’s focus is Corporate and Commercial Law.
Caroline’s clients range from small to multinational corporations as well as private clients. Caroline advises on a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial matters including shareholder agreements, local and international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, investment agreements, franchise and distribution agreements and manufacturing contracts. She also has experience of general banking and finance transactions. Caroline has experience across a wide range of industries including luxury fashion, healthcare, technology, F&B and retail.
Experience and key cases
- Advised a leading European food and beverage client on the acquisition of two Hong Kong holding companies of PRC entities.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company in the business of providing advanced monitoring and control solutions and advised on the Hong Kong law aspects and structuring of an investment by a US-listed buyer.
- Advised a food and beverage client on its strategic acquisition of a Hong Kong business.
- Advised the founder and majority shareholder of a Hong Kong technology start-up company on the Hong Kong legal aspects of the sale of the company’s entire issued share capital to a UK buyer.
- Advised on the sale of a high-end luxury interior design company to a group company owned by a European private equity fund.
- Advised the vendor on the potential sale of an established Hong Kong private medical practice.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide 2018: Caroline is noted by clients for providing ‘solid advice in a reasonable period of time’ and having ‘a great attitude to service’.
“Caroline was seconded to our legal department in Hong Kong for four months in 2015 , where she took over in a seamless manner the legal support to the business and she was leading the legal separation of Philips Lighting and Philips HealthTech in Hong Kong.” Head of Legal, China, Philips (China) Investment Co, Ltd.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong