Prior to joining Tanner De Witt in May 2015, Anthony practiced as a solicitor in the commercial litigation team of a domestic law firm. Anthony holds an LLB from the University of Nottingham in the UK and a PCLL from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2012. Anthony is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin and can read and write both simplified and traditional Chinese.
Anthony has experience in a broad aspect of litigation matters including shareholders’ disputes, sale of goods disputes, debt collection, liquor licensing, commercial fraud and building disputes. Anthony also has experience in applying for urgent asset freezing injunction orders and interim relief in aid of overseas legal proceedings. Anthony works closely with consultant Philip Swainston on criminal matters from time to time.
experience and key cases
Some recent cases include:
- Acted for two major international banks implicated in a complex, cross-border fraud to advise on the funding of an arbitration by a UK-based private equity firm that was also involved in the fraud.
- Acted for the plaintiff in this complex shareholder dispute on the valuation of shares in a Hong-Kong based lifestyle company.
- Acted for multiple clients in applications to the Liquor Licensing Board in respect of loss of liquor licences preventing clients’ operations.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Craigengower Cricket Club