Hunter Wang is an Associate in our Corporate and Commercial practice. He joined the firm as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2019 and was admitted as a solicitor in 2022 after completing his training.
Hunter’s practice involves assisting clients on mergers and acquisitions, establishment of businesses and joint ventures, due diligence investigations and other general corporate matters. He also advises clients on data protection matters and has assisted on various transfer impact assessments to assess Hong Kong for the purposes of data importation from the European Economic Area.
Hunter earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science at Simon Fraser University in 2014 and obtained his Juris Doctor and PCLL at The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2018 and 2019 respectively. Hunter speaks English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Taiwanese Hokkien; he can read and write traditional and simplified Chinese.
- Assisted a well-known French company, specialising in designing and manufacturing electrical heating and cooling solutions, in respect of share buyback out of capital and termination of its joint venture with a PRC entity.
- Advised a well-known French luxury brand on corporate governance requirements and drafted ratification documents.
- Provided regulatory and compliance advice to a Hong Kong company in respect of potentially providing services to licensed online gambling websites under the Gambling Ordinance.
- Advised a U.S banking corporation on its transfer impact assessment to assess Hong Kong for the purposes of data importation from the European Economic Area.
- Advised an Australian company looking to expand its Hong Kong operations on principles of data collection and distribution.
- Conducted due diligence investigations for clients across different industries.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong