Wills and Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law Hong Kong
Legal Advice and Representation in Hong Kong
Experienced lawyers in Tanner De Witt’s Wills and Trusts practice provide contentious and non-contentious legal advice in Hong Kong to international clients. These include trustees, executors and administrators, banks and beneficiaries.
Trusts and Wills – Our Legal Services
Tanner De Witt’s lawyers advise and represent clients in all matters related to estate administration in Hong Kong. For example, many of our high net worth patrons seek our services in preparing wills involving complex and often cross-border circumstances. Our expertise is frequently sought concerning Hong Kong inheritance law and more specifically, contentious and non-contentious probate matters. Receipt of a grant of letter of representation (probate or letter of administration) is the first step in the legal process of administering the estate of a deceased person. It officially appoints the executor (or personal representative), generally named in the will, as having legal power to dispose of the testator’s assets in the manner specified in the testator’s will.
Contact Tanner De Witt for legal advice and representation in matters concerning:
- Inheritance law and administration and distribution of estates in Hong Kong
- Preparation of wills and codicils
- Establishment of Hong Kong trusts
- Applications for grants of probate and letters of administration
- Resealing of grants in Hong Kong and overseas
- Preparing Deeds of Family Arrangement
- Applications for caveats
- Defending or challenging validity of wills
- Advising trustees and protectors
- Claiming or defending entitlements in intestate estates
- Starting or defending actions for improper administration of estates
- Claims under the Inheritance Provision For Family And Dependants Ordinance ~ claims by people maintained by the deceased who are not provided for adequately in a will or intestacy
Trusts and Wills – Our Approach to Legal Advice
Tanner De Witt’s lawyers aim to provide practical advice with discretion and sensitivity to clients’ needs and preferences. Further, Partners Mark Side and Pamela Mak work closely with clients to ensure a conscientious approach to wills and probate.
Tanner De Witt Solicitors has established relationships with overseas professional services providers, including offshore law firms, accountants and tax advisers. This international network of experts is easily accessible by our lawyers, ensuring clients receive comprehensive advice that precisely addresses their circumstances.
Trusts and Wills – Contact Our Hong Kong Lawyers
For non-contentious Wills and Trusts matters please contact:
For contentious Wills and Trusts matters please contact: