Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual assets can represent a significant portion of the overall value of a business. Although not physical, intangible assets have to be protected, promoted and included as part of a business’ overall business plan.
Most business transactions touch upon intellectual property issues with long-term implications depending on how these issues are handled. Our lawyers are experienced in helping clients understand their intellectual property rights and use them as effective business tools in protecting and growing their business.
In an age where information is disseminated globally and instantaneously by a click of a mouse, unauthorized use of proprietary information proliferates. We help clients protect and preserve their intellectual property rights against unauthorized use by developing internal monitoring programs and litigation when needed. Our professionals, including many Putonghua speakers, also work with professionals in the People’s Republic of China to help protect clients’ assets from unauthorized use.
Our services include:
- Acquisition and disposal of intangible assets
- Purchase and sale of businesses with intellectual property assets
- Licensing and sub-licensing
- Franchising, distribution and agency arrangements
- Management of intellectual property rights
- Intellectual property audits and review
- Intellectual property registration and portfolio building
In conjunction with the firm’s litigators, litigation involving:
- Infringement of trademarks, registered designs, copyright
- Trade Mark Registry hearings
- Injunctive relief
- Passing off, reverse passing off, deceptive trade description
- Breach of licence
- Intellectual property related issues