Immigration Law Hong Kong
We have extensive experience in handling various Immigration matters including Visa applications, Immigration law advice and Immigration investigation and prosecution. We have provided these services to a wide range of clients from multinational corporations to high-profile individuals.
We have assisted many employers to obtain Employment Visas for their employees in Hong Kong. The applicant of an Employment Visa must possess “special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available” in Hong Kong and the sponsor of this Visa must be a Hong Kong company.
If you wish to apply for an Employment Visa for your employee we can prepare the application forms and other necessary supporting documents such as supporting letter etc. and submit the application to the Immigration Department on your employee’s behalf. We would also liaise with the Immigration Department throughout the application process and answer any requisition from them in respect of your employee’s application.
We have assisted many individuals in setting up their businesses in Hong Kong and obtaining Investment Visas. The Applicant of an Investment Visa should have a good education background and be “in a position to make substantial contribution” to Hong Kong’s economy.
If you wish to apply for an Investment Visa, we can first assist you in incorporating a Hong Kong Company. After the Hong Kong company is incorporated, we would then assist you in preparing the application forms and other necessary supporting documents such as business plan, company documents etc. and submitting the application to the Immigration Department on your behalf. We would also liaise with the Immigration Department throughout the application process and answer any requisition from them in respect of your application.
Dependants Visas, Extension of Stay and Appeal
If you are applying for one of the visas above and would like your family (married spouse and children) to stay in Hong Kong with you, we can also assist in applying for dependent visas for your family.
If you wish to continue to stay in Hong Kong after your current visa expires, we can make an extension of stay application for you. This application should be submitted within 4 weeks before your current limit of stay expires.
We have also represented clients in appeals against the Immigration Department’s decision in refusing their Visas applications.
Prolonged Visitor’s Visas
Under the existing Immigration policy, same sex couples and unmarried heterosexual couples are not eligible to apply for Dependants Visas in Hong Kong. Alternatively, the Immigration Department may grant a 6 months Prolonged Visitor’s Visa to an applicant in the said situations. However, a holder of a Prolonged Visitor’s Visa does not enjoy the same rights and benefits of other Visas (i.e. Employment Visa) in Hong Kong. We have assisted a number of clients in obtaining this type of Visa. Please contact us for further details.
Once a person has ordinarily resided in Hong Kong for more than 7 years, he/she may be eligible to apply for a Hong Kong permanent resident card. We also offer assistance to clients who wish to apply for permanent resident status.
Immigration Law Advice, Investigation and Prosecution
We have provided advice to clients in relation to various Immigration matters such as Immigration status and breach of condition of stay. We have also assisted some clients in dealing with Immigration investigation and prosecution. Our experienced immigration lawyers would guide you through the processes with a view to minimizing the impact of such investigations and prosecutions.
- Advising clients on various immigration matters including Hong Kong visa applications, immigration law advice and immigration investigation and prosecution.
- Assisting employers to obtain employment visas for their employees in Hong Kong.
- Assisting individuals in setting up their businesses in Hong Kong and obtaining investment visas. Advice includes preparing the application forms and other necessary supporting documents and submitting the application to the Immigration Department on your behalf.
- Advising on establishment and appeal of dependants visas, extension of stay (applications made by applicants from within Hong Kong and outside Hong Kong due to COVID-19 travel restrictions) and prolonged visitors visas.
- Advising on naturalisation of individuals including professional athletes and obtaining a HKSAR passport.
- Assisting Hong Kong residents on permanent residency applications and retention of permanent residency status.
- Providing advice in relation to various criminal immigration matters and breaches of condition of stay.
- Assisting clients in dealing with immigration investigation and prosecution.
Please contact us to enquire further about our immigration services.