Registered Foreign Lawyer
Elizabeth’s focus is on children’s and matrimonial law, with experience in both public and private wardship proceedings, Hague Convention child abduction proceedings, custody and other disputes relating to children, adoption, removal applications, divorce, separation, and financial arrangements for spouse and children. Elizabeth assists on domestic violence matters seeking emergency relief, and other various public interest and equal rights matters, and also has experience in assisting with both within and out of policy immigration applications.
In addition to her work with the Family and Matrimonial team Elizabeth has supported Tanner De Witt’s Litigation and Corporate and Commercial practices, during which time she gained experience in injunction proceedings, extensive multi-level asset tracing, judicial review, employment disputes, trademarks, immigration, and private client matters.
Elizabeth has particular interest in matters relating to child protection and anti-discrimination, particularly the pursuit of equal rights and protections for sexual and ethnic minorities in Hong Kong.
Elizabeth holds a BA (Asian Studies and Psychology) from the University of Sydney. She obtained her JD from the University of Technology, Sydney, before qualifying as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia, in 2013.
Elizabeth has assisted in the following key cases where Tanner De Witt:
- acted for a child through an NGO in an unprecedented and landmark public wardship matter
- acted for a the non-removing parent of an abducted child in proceedings brought under the Hague Convention resulting in the rightful return of the child
- acted for a same sex married couple with regard to their claim for entitlement to spousal benefits and entitlements in a discrimination case
- successfully obtained non-molestation injunctions for victims of domestic violence
- acted for a mother to obtain orders for declaration of parentage for her child
- advised on matters of adoption and surrogacy law in Hong Kong
- advised on and drafted a deed of financial agreement to be read in conjunction with an Australian Binding Financial Agreement concerning the protection and split of an asset pool worth in excess of HK$250 million
- provided expert evidence for proceedings brought under the Hague Convention in Canada to ensure the protection of a parent and children upon their return to Hong Kong in the context of an abusive relationship and other related advice including on Hong Kong family and immigration law
- advised on the injunctive relief available to a wife in respect of threats made by her husband to dissipate significant matrimonial assets and deny her access to the extensive matrimonial pool of assets worldwide (in conjunction with advice regarding the injunctive relief available under the Domestic and Cohabitation Relationships Violence Ordinance)
- successfully obtained an order for wardship in respect of a child in the PRC ordering the return of the child to Hong Kong and a travel ban restricting the child’s removal from Hong Kong thereafter
- successfully obtained an out of policy dependant visa for the elderly mother of a non-permanent resident of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Family Law Association
- ImpactHK Limited – Member of Board of Directors
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club