Press Release: Tanner De Witt promotes Troy Greig to Consultant19Mar2020
Tanner De Witt announces with great pleasure the promotion of Troy Greig to one of the firm’s few Consultant roles. The promotion took effect on 1 March 2020.
An adept international lawyer, Troy has considerable insolvency and restructuring experience, having worked with top tier firms in Australia before joining Tanner De Witt over four years ago.
“On behalf of the partners, we would like to congratulate Troy on his promotion, which reflects his professionalism and hard work and is well deserved. He has helped develop and expand the department and has become part of the firm’s success in developing further the reach and reputation of Tanner De Witt.”
On his promotion, Troy remarks, “I’m very pleased to be promoted to Consultant, and I’m looking forward to continue working alongside the many accomplished and genuine people at Tanner De Witt.”
In addition to insolvency and restructuring matters, Troy’s considerable experience includes advising on a range of issues and industries such as regulatory and compliance, banking and financial services, insurance, shareholders’ disputes, negligence and general commercial claims. Notable recent examples include:
- Advising the receivers of a substantial shareholding in a Hong Kong Listed Company which had been charged to a fund
- Defending a private client facing guarantee claims from 7 global financial institutions arising from the mis-selling of complex derivative financial products
- Advising the bankruptcy trustees in connection with identifying and clawing back assets deliberately concealed by the bankrupt via an elaborate corporate and trust structure spanning Hong Kong, USA, PRC and the BVI
- Advising a substantial asset management company on the enforcement of security over a suite of assets in Hong Kong, including dealing with issues arising from competing, secured claims due to the fraud of the chargor’s former management
- Acting for a regional financial broker under investigation by the Securities and Futures Commission and the Insurance Authority regarding alleged mis-selling of financial products to local and internationally based clients
- Advising the liquidators of a global musical instrument manufacturer regarding a priority dispute with receivers appointed by an international lender
- Advising the local and Caribbean-based liquidators of a global electronics supplier who are claiming against the former management for fraud and conspiracy
- Acting for a high net worth professional investor in a dispute with an international financial institution due to the latter failing to comply with the relevant industry regulations, and the mis-selling of bonds and complex derivative financial products
- Acting for a popular European cosmetics brand in a dispute with its Hong Kong-based distributor due to the misappropriation of stock and revenue, and negotiating to avoid any downstream claims from retailers
- Advising the European based trustee of an investment trust the subject of a disputed information request pursuant to a Double Taxation Treaty
About Tanner De Witt
Tanner De Witt is an established and recommended independent law firm in Hong Kong. Many of our lawyers have international law firm backgrounds, and our firm and its lawyers receive top ratings from industry publications such as Chambers and Legal 500.
Tanner De Witt is an equal opportunities employer and strives to promote a culture of opportunity and success. Hong Kong enjoys a diversity of perspectives, history, culture and outlook; reflected in our team and client base.
The firm provides legal advice and representation in the following areas: Corporate and Commercial; Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Insolvency and Restructuring; Employment; Banking and Finance; Financial Services Regulatory; Family and Private Client; Immigration; Wills and Trusts; Hospitality including Liquor Licensing; White Collar Crime and Criminal.
– END –