Mark Side and Joanne Brown attend 7th LAWASIA Family Law & Children’s Rights Conference07Jun2018
Partners Mark Side and Joanne Brown are in Vientiane, Laos this week to attend the 7th LAWASIA Family Law & Children’s Rights Conference. Held on 7 to 8 June, the Conference will welcome family lawyers from all over the APAC region to discuss the following topics:
- Trafficking of the Vulnerable
- Surrogacy and its Ethical Challenges
- Support for Families and Children in Distress
- Effective Negotiations and Understanding between the Client, Lawyer and Child
- The Protection of Vulnerable Members of the Family
- Is this Really Happening: Estrangement and Alienation
- Social Media and Technology in Family Law Practice
- Future World: Family Law in the Next Decade
About the Conference
LAWASIA is pleased to invite the participation of members and legal professionals at the 7th LAWASIA Family Law & Children’s Rights Conference, to be held in Vientiane, Laos from 6 – 8 June 2018. The conference program offers high-level content relevant not only to family law practitioners, but also to children’s advocates, policy advisors, academics, judicial officers and a range of non-government organisations.
Hosted on the banks of the Mekong River, the conference will examine a range of cross-border issues in family law and children’s rights.
This will be the seventh in a series of LAWASIA conferences on family law and children’s rights (FLCR). Building on the success of previous FLCR events, the conference will provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members in the region to exchange insights, explore current policy and practice issues, and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interests and expertise.