Tanner De Witt’s referee kit in action!16Jan2018
As some of you may know, in 2015 we signed on as Gold Sponsor of the Hong Kong Society for Referees for the domestic rugby league. We committed to a three-year sponsorship period to show our support for this integral part of sporting: referees must maintain a high level of fitness and are not always the most popular people on the pitch so their commitment to the game is particularly admirable. We felt that this partnership was especially relevant since the main aim of a referee in any sport is to guide and direct the players to ensure a fair outcome; this is something that lawyers do on a daily basis.
We were recently at Hong Kong Football Club to catch the Old Mutual International Men’s Premiership’s second Super Saturday of the season, and were very pleased to see the Tanner De Witt referee kit in action. The referee did a fantastic job conducting the game between the Borrelli Walsh Tigers and Societe Generale Valley, which ended with the Tigers winning 38-27!
Mission Statement of The Hong Kong Society of Rugby Football Union Referees (HKSRFUR)
The HKSRFUR is committed to developing the game of Rugby Football in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) and promoting the Society’s role as a key participant in regional and world rugby. The society aims to:
- Encourage the pursuit of excellence in the quality of officiating games providing training programmes that will enable members to acquire;
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Laws and their application to the Game;
- Develop and maintain their personal level of fitness to agreed levels;
- Ensure that referees apply the laws of the game consistently and positively;
- Advance the game within Hong Kong and China through an ongoing recruitment and retention programme;
- Satisfy the requirements of referees given their individual needs and different levels of motivation; and
- Promote enjoyment of the game at all levels.
About The Hong Kong Rugby Union (HKRU)
The HKRU is the governing body for rugby union in Hong Kong. Founded in 1952 and since 1988 an affiliate of World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), the union organises the world-renowned Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens as well as its own domestic leagues across all age groups, genders and standards of play.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a referee, contact [email protected].
For sponsorship enquiries please contact us.