Tanner De Witt supports Jason Karas in 2018 Room to Read race04Jul2018
Tanner De Witt was delighted to support Lipman Karas principal Jason Karas as he competed in Room to Read, London’s Fastest Executive 10km Race, on 12 June in Hyde Park.
The race comprised of about 30 runners, including John Ridding (CEO of the Financial Times and Room to Read’s Global Chair), who each aimed to raise at least £10,000 for this worth cause. Three hundred thousand pounds will enable Room to Read’s literacy program to reach 10,000 children across Asia and Africa.
About Room to Read
Room to Read is a non-profit organisation which transforms the lives of children by improving literacy and gender equality in education in the developing world. It was established by former Microsoft executive John Wood and in the last 17 years has assisted over 10 million children. The direct impact of each donation is as follows:
- £35 Can help teach 1 child to read and write for a year.
- £175 Can help teach 5 children to read and write for a year.
- £350 Can help teach 10 children to read and write for a year.
- £700 Can help teach 20 children to read and write for a year.
- £1,000 Can help teach a whole classroom of children to read and write for a year.
For more information about our community and sporting efforts, please visit our Community page.