Tanner De Witt raises funds for Hong Kong’s Cancer Fund27Oct2014
Hong Kong law firm Tanner De Witt is proud to show its support to the Cancer Fund by way of a Pink Revolution which took place at our offices in Admiralty on Friday! Solicitors and support staff were pretty in pink, adorning wigs, feather boas, novelty glasses and jewels in every shade of pink to top off their looks for Dress Pink Day. Money raised by the team was matched by the firm so we hope that together our contribution will help those affected by breast cancer through the sterling efforts of the Cancer Fund.
Where the money goes
Funds raised from the Pink Revolution will support both short and long term initiatives to minimise the burden of breast cancer and to provide comfort to those affected by the disease. Money will go towards:
- A ground-breaking study on the use of Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) in Asian women. The advantage of this treatment is that it can reduce radiation treatment time from five weeks to five days.
- A highly accurate method to diagnose breast abnormalities that can be carried out in the outpatient ward and does not require open surgery. The doctor will be able to make a precise analysis with minimal pain, scarring and recovery time for the patient.
- A psychosocial research programme at Hong Kong University. The findings of this research will help therapists to better understand the emotions experienced by women diagnosed with breast cancer, with the objective to improve emotional and practical support needed by patients throughout their treatment.
- Recovery packs for all women undergoing breast cancer surgery
- Supportive home care visits
- Peer sharing groups and rehabilitation workshops held at CancerLink, Cancer Fund’s community support centres
- Lymphedema care workshops
- Breast cancer patient counselling
- Wigs for the “Look Good, Feel Good” programme
- Nurse training
- Post-surgery and post-mastectomy bras and supplies for the Breast Centre at Kwong Wah Hospital
Corporate Social Responsibility starts with Your Commitment
Cancer is now one of the most chronic illnesses in our community, affecting individuals of all ages, as well as their spouses, families and carers. Whilst Cancer Fund constantly advocates the importance of early detection, their primary mission is to provide free and professional cancer support to patients and their families, ensuring no one faces cancer alone. Every corporate can help to better the quality of cancer care in our community by taking part in the Pink Revolution.
For details on how to get involved, visit www.cancer-fund.org or contact Ms. Anita Fung on +852 3667-6387.