Accountant (2-5 years experience)15Feb2023
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Tanner De Witt is looking to recruit a bright, self-motivated junior to mid-level Accountant to join our independent, established, Hong Kong law firm.
• Degree or Diploma in Accounting
• 2 to 5 years’ experience in sizable company handling full set of accounts
• Must work well as part of a team of Accountants
• Attentive to details, strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills
• Independent, self-motivated, positive attitude, mature and responsible
• Experience using accounting computer software, such as PeachTree, Affinity, Aderant is an advantage
• Proficient in MS Excel & Word
• Good command of Chinese and English
• Member of HKICPA/ACCA is an advantage
• Relevant experience in law firms is preferred
• Immediate availability is preferred
• Handle full set of accounts and bank reconciliations independently
• Handle general daily accounting entries and month-end closing
• Maintain routine accounting operations such as issuing cheques & updating bank balances
• Basic accounting system inputs such as invoice and bill entries, payment vouchers and payments, receipt vouchers and receipts, etc.
• Maintain accounting records in excel and using accounting software to ensure internal excel and Peachtree records match internet banking records
• Communicate clearly and timely on payments to the relevant parties within the firm
• Maintain organized filing system for accounting records
• Arrange for staff reimbursements
• Maintain good accounting and operation controls to comply with audit requirements
• Liaise with external auditors on annual audit and other professional parties
• Assist supervisors in handling accounting-related work
• Provide full spectrum of daily office accounting support
• Provide support to the accounting team
• Prepare reports and monthly management accounts
• Applying for loans and liaise with bank on any follow-up
• Maintain petty cash, cash reimbursements and petty cash records
• Update system exchange rates weekly
• Undertake ad-hoc duty as assigned
• Should be polite, responsible, detail-oriented, and careful with your work
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Should be able to work well as a respectful member of a team
• Should be able to maintain good relationships with colleagues
• Ability to thrive on new challenges
Attractive company benefits, remuneration and annual leave.
Please email [email protected] with full resume and expected salary to apply. A detailed summary of the job requirements will be provided to applicants short listed for interview.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.