Marketing and Business Development Manager09Apr2019
Tanner De Witt is an independent business law firm with an international outlook (45 fee earners including 13 Partners). Tier 1/Band 1 Restructuring & Insolvency / Tier 1/Band 2 Employment / highly awarded Litigation, Fraud and Asset Tracing and Corporate/M&A practices.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager is responsible for firm wide marketing and business development across all practice areas reporting directly to all thirteen Partners. This is a senior role for a candidate in a marketing or business development focussed role. Candidates must have experience of stakeholder management and at least three years’ experience at manager level with experience leading a team.
- Lead on marketing across all core practice areas with annual strategy plans for each practice; work closely with practice heads to develop and execute marketing plans;
- Launch and design marketing plans for emerging practice areas including research and content writing;
- Manage development of local and international business and legal networks;
- Negotiate major sponsorship deals including renewals;
- Client relationship management and pitching;
- Submission drafting for all legal directories;
- Fully responsible for all internal and external client events, conferences and seminars;
- Run internal training and development programme;
- Train and coach fee earners on individual business development plans;
- Responsible for management of all internal and external communications;
- Responsible for ensuring brand guidelines are met.
Requirements / Experience
- Strategic and tactical marketing and/or business development experience; experience working in a professional services environment is a bonus;
- Client service-focussed, able to effectively manage a team and work independently;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strong drafting skills; Chinese language is not essential;
- Multi-tasker, flexible mind-set, positive approach, effective negotiation skills;
- Excellent copy writing and computer skills;
- Able to plan, forecast, manage and report budgets;
- University degree qualification essential.
Competitive package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the right candidate. We ask interested candidates to send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
About Tanner De Witt – Established, Independent, Hong Kong Law
Tanner De Witt is an established and recommended independent law firm in Hong Kong. Our firm and lawyers, many of whom have international law firm backgrounds, receive top ratings from industry publications such as Chambers and Partners and Legal 500.
Our primary focus is business law in Asia. We provide legal advice and representation in the following areas: Corporate and Commercial; Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Insolvency and Restructuring; Employment; Family and Matrimonial; Banking and Finance; Immigration; Wills and Trusts; Financial Services Regulatory; Hospitality including Liquor Licensing; White Collar Crime and Criminal.
Our clients include public and private companies, multinationals, partnerships and individuals involved in a wide range of activities, both within Hong Kong and internationally. As an established Hong Kong law firm, we operate in many industry sectors. These vary from Hospitality to Aviation; from Banking and Insurance to Fashion; and Real Estate to Private Equity.