Tanner De Witt is seeking an e-Discovery specialist to join our growing Dispute Resolution practice. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to help lead the establishment and development of Tanner De Witt’s e-Discovery capability during an exciting period of growth for the firm.
The ideal applicant will be an ambitious self-starter who is able to work with and support our team of solicitors by managing the firm’s e-Discovery projects and providing dispute resolution technology support. This is a senior role with the reporting structure directly to the partners of the firm. The person recruited will be expected to lead the firm in e-Discovery and drive the firm’s e-Discovery projects and platforms.
Current experience in this role elsewhere is the most valuable certification. Relevant work experience as an e-Discovery specialist is essential. Holding an e-Discovery certification (e.g. Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists, Relativity Review Certification) is an advantage, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. I.T., law)
- Advanced technical skills and training on database and litigation support applications
- Related legal experience of at least 3 years is preferable
- Strong communication skills, organisational abilities, critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Speak and write immaculate English. Chinese skills will be an advantage but are not a prerequisite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing for the firm to deal with the cascade of technology innovations and developments affecting the practice of law
- Providing e-discovery and investigation services and responding to tasks arising from within the firm
- Managing database related functions
- Recommending/administering software (e.g. Relativity) and supporting fee earners’ use of that software
- Working with IT to maintain databases and update software as required
- Creating and designing databases to respond to fee earner needs to establish workflow to support efficient document reviews/dispute management
- Managing the implementation of database systems, external web-based document repositories and external web-based case management tools
- Organising and maintaining documents and evidence
- Assisting with the collection of documents in both hard copy and electronic form
- Document and e-bundle production
- Providing relevant training as appropriate
- Maintaining knowledge of available e-Discovery and dispute resolution support systems
- Providing support to case teams as appropriate
In return we offer quality work, a competitive remuneration package and long term career prospects within a professional and friendly working environment.
We ask interested candidates to send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.