Jeff Lane joins Advisory Committee for C5 2019 Conference in Hong Kong152月2019
Jeff Lane, Head of our Fraud and Asset Tracing practice, is one of eight globally recognised opinion leaders that comprise this year’s Advisory Board for the C5 Conference in Hong Kong. Known as one of the top conferences in the world for fraud litigation and asset recovery professionals, this year’s Asian conference will be held at the Conrad Hong Kong from 10 to 11 June.
Global and regional thought leaders will discuss an array of relevant topics, such as:
- Within the ambit of litigation privilege: Recent significant court decisions and implications for Asian jurisdictions.
- How to overcome challenges with enforcing court orders and recovering assets in challenging jurisdictions across Asia Pacific.
- Can you confidently judge when fraud must be alleged; might be alleged or must not be alleged?
- What needs to be done to identify a new-generation fraudster?
- Malaysian fraud: What is the current state of play and recovery progress in 1MDB and other high-profile cases?
- What are the new remedies for pursuing assets in newly emerging jurisdictions?
- Data related litigation and investigations and the latest cases involving data breach litigation.
- How can technology help/play against you when seeking information about existing assets?
About Jeff Lane
Jeff conducts a strong commercial litigation practice with a focus on domestic and complex multi-jurisdictional financial fraud disputes and asset tracing. He is Hong Kong’s go-to specialist in the growing area of cyber fraud.
Jeff has practiced in Hong Kong for twenty-nine years and is the sole Hong Kong representative of FraudNet, the international network of specialist fraud practitioners established by the International Chamber of Commerce, which is recognised by Chambers and Partners. FraudNet is an international network of independent lawyers who are the leading civil asset recovery specialists in each country.
For more information on the 2019 Advisory Board for C5 Hong Kong, please click here.