Ian De Witt to speak at IBA Law Firm Management Conference121月2018
Partner Ian De Witt will speak at the upcoming IBA Law Firm Management Conference: Growth Prospects for Law Firms in Asia. The Conference will be held at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on 18 and 19 January.
Ian will speak on the panel, “Using technology to enhance efficiency and meet client needs more closely – will innovative fee structures drive better value?”. The panel will be moderated by Robert Millard of Cambridge Strategy Group Limited. Ian’s fellow panelists include:
- Chunghwan Choi of Lee & Ko, Seoul
- Eric Jiang of Jurisino Law Group, Beijing
- Shuva Mandal of Fox Mandal, New Delhi
- Kurmangazy Talzhanov of Integrites, Almaty
About the Conference
Presented by the International Bar Association Law Firm Management Committee, this year’s theme is “Growth Prospects for Law Firms in Asia”. Topics include:
- Hiring and developing talented young lawyers in Asia
- How to best manage partner relationships
- Using technology to enhance efficiency and meet client needs more closely – will innovative fee structures derive better value?
- What do clients expect from their law firms — a panel with General Counsels
Attendees will receive 4.5 CPD points from the Law Society of Hong Kong.
About Ian De Witt
Co-head of Restructuring and Insolvency at Hong Kong law firm Tanner De Witt, Ian is a highly ranked and awarded insolvency lawyer and litigator. He has almost three decades’ experience within the field having worked in both London and Hong Kong firms. Ian acts for liquidators, receivers, creditors and directors in a variety of insolvency and restructuring cases.
Ian sits on the Insolvency Committee for the Law Society of Hong Kong, the technical and editorial committee of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is a member of INSOL and the Turnaround Management Association (TMA). Ian is on the Host Committee
Ian is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer for restructuring and insolvency in Hong Kong by various industry publications including Chambers Asia 2018 (Band 1), Asia Pacific Legal 500 2018 (Tier 1), IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal. “Ian De Witt, in my opinion, is the best insolvency lawyer in Hong Kong.” Chambers and Partners 2018.