Teresa is an associate in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Her practice emphasises on the aspect of criminal law. She also has experience in assisting clients on commercial litigation cases.
Teresa commenced her training at the firm in September 2021 and has recently completed the training. She is now pending admission as a qualified solicitor.
Teresa is an accredited general mediator and a panel mediator member at the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL).
Teresa completed her Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at The University of Hong Kong, Master of Laws (specialising in Litigation and Dispute Resolution) at University College London, and Bachelor of Laws at The University of Warwick in the United Kingdom.
Prior to joining the firm, Teresa worked as the Regulatory Affairs Officer at the Office of the Communications Authority, and Court Liaison Officer at the Duty Lawyer Service. She was also a Research Assistant at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and co-authored the article “Law and Practice of Maritime Arbitration in Hong Kong” for the International Journal of Maritime Law. Teresa’s work experience allowed her to have a deep understanding of the operation and legal practice of many governmental authorities and enforcement agencies.
Teresa is a native Cantonese speaker and she is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Assisted individuals and companies who were subject to investigation by the following:
- The Hong Kong Police Force
- The Independent Commission Against Corruption
- The Immigration Department
- The Labour Department
- The Customs and Excise Department
- The Home Affairs Department; and
- The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
Assisted clients in different stages of their case in criminal court(s), which include:
- Search and seizure
- Bail application
- Charging process
- Court appearance
- Obtaining and facilitating preparation of expert evidence and opinion
- Plea in mitigation
- Appeal and other ancillary applications such as O.N.E bind over and application to claim legal professional privilege application
- Assisting in an on-going District Court case with the defence in the Zhuhai-Macau Bridge litigation involving allegations of fraud.
- Assisting a multinational accountancy firm in a data breach investigation by the Cyber Security & Technology Crime Bureau of the Hong Kong Police Force.
- Assisted minors who were subject to police investigation.
- Assisted individuals who were regulated by professional authority and would face disciplinary sanction if convicted.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL)