Austin is an Associate in our Corporate and Commercial Practice having joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2020 and was subsequently admitted as a Hong Kong solicitor in 2022.
Austin is a key contributor to the firm’s Private Client practice, and assists clients on estate planning, wills, probate and trust matters. His work regularly includes cross border elements and assessment of documents or processes required to manage Hong Kong assets.
Austin has experience in merger and acquisition work, including conducting legal due diligence against target group companies; preparing and reviewing due diligence reports, and assisting with transaction completion.
Austin also assists in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice area, including handling international trademark portfolios, and managing Hong Kong trademarks for a number of clients. Austin also assists in the firm’s Immigration practice, advising clients on various immigration related applications. Austin is a native English speaker and is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Assisted the seller in the sale of a Hong Kong media technology company with multijurisdictional subsidiaries
- Assisted the buyer in the purchase of a Hong Kong company holding hospitality assets in Southeast Asia
- Assisted on various cross border estate matters, including with the PRC, Europe and North America
- Assisted various clients in immigration applications, including employment and dependent visas, and Hong Kong Permanent Residency
- The Law Society of Hong Kong