Tanner De Witt in the Community
Tanner De Witt is committed to providing legal services to appropriate charities and to the support of groups and organisations working for others that have special relevance to members of the firm or to its clients. Senior members of the firm encourage all, and especially junior lawyers, to become involved in such areas to develop their skills and to discharge the wider social duty that we consider lawyers owe. We undertake activities both within the profession and in external areas.
- We provide ongoing pro bono legal support to Christian Action's Domestic Helper and Migrant Workers Programme[www.christian-action-eng.org/domestic-helpers-hk], which assists domestic helpers and migrant workers in Hong Kong who suffer exploitation, mistreatment, abuse and unfairness at the hands of their employers.
- Trainees at the firm actively participate in the Law Society of Hong Kong Mentorship Programme, which has recently involved them in indoor rock climbing as well as other acivities.
- We also support Enlighten Hong Kong[www.enlightenhk.org], a charitable organisation whose mission is to widen opportunities and choices for people affected by epilepsy and to raise awareness of epilepsy issues in all sectors of the community.
- The firm supports King George V School's work placement programme, which provides students with the opportunity to experience the business world and the realities of employment.
- The firm has made contributions to an orphanage in Bali and from time to time supports other projects.
In 2010 we participated in the following events and donated to the corresponding good causes:
St David's Society - Aids Concern[www.aidsconcern.org.hk/eng/index2.html]
Jeans for Genes Day - Hong Kong Thalassaemia Foundation[www.thalassaemia.org.hk/jfgday2009/eng/]
Dress Special Day - The Community Chest[www.commchest.org/en/home/index.aspx]
Dress Pink Day - Hong Kong Cancer Fund[www.cancer-fund.org/en]
Poppy Day - The Royal British Legion[www.britishlegion.org.uk] (Hong Kong & China Branch)
International Invitational Fat Boys Tens - Bahay Bata Center for Street Children[www.bahaybata.org] and the Philippines Rugby Football Union Development Fund[www.prfu.com]
Children from the Pathways Foundation enjoying a photography workshop as part of the Quintessentially Foundation Pop Up Club
Tanner De Witt supports Quintessentially Foundation[www.quintessentiallyfoundation.org], a philantropic division of Quintessentially Group, which aims to improve the health, wellbeing and education of disadvantaged children, families in Hong Kong and local communities worldwide.
‘Give a Ger’ Fund
Tanner De Witt has supported Christina Noble Children's Foundation[www.cncf.org]'s ‘Give a Ger’ Fund, which is an emergency fund established to provide families in danger of becoming homeless, or otherwise inadequately or dangerously accommodated, with a family home (‘ger’, also known as ‘yurt’) in Mongolia.
Please click the following link for a report with photographs: Donation of a Ger to Bayarjargal